This website may contain statements that are, or may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby.
Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to statements of the Company’s predictions, forecasts, projections, strategies, plans, targets, objectives, expectations, estimates, intentions, beliefs or goals, including those related to acquisitions, sales, products or services, results of operations, financial condition, liquidity, prospects or dividend policy; statements concerning future business or industry performance; other statements that do not relate strictly to historical or current facts; and assumptions underlying such statements.
By their very nature, forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and risks exist that the forward-looking statements will not be achieved. Among other things, forward-looking statements are based on numerous assumptions regarding the Company’s present and future business strategies and the environment in which the Company will operate in the future.
Readers should be aware that several important factors could cause the Company’s assumptions to be incorrect, and could cause actual results to differ materially from the predictions, forecasts, projections, strategies, plans, targets, objectives, expectations, estimates, intentions, beliefs or goals expressed in such forward-looking statements.
These factors include:
- changes in political, social, legal or economic conditions in Russia generally, or in the regions of Russia in which the Company operates, including changes in levels of consumer spending and demand for some or all of its products;
- changes in consumer preferences and tastes, demographic trends or perceptions about health related issues;
- increased competitive product and pricing pressures and unanticipated actions by competitors that could impact the Company’s market share, increase expenses and hinder growth potential;
- the ability to complete business combinations, partnerships, acquisitions or disposals, existing or future, and to achieve integration, expected synergies and/or costs savings;
- levels of marketing, promotional and innovation expenditure by the Company and its competitors;
- the Company’s ability to protect its intellectual property rights;
- increasing recognition in Russia of product liability and personal injury torts;
- legal and regulatory developments and changes in the policies of the government of the Russian Federation, including regional authorities, including regulatory developments or policy changes regarding consumption of or advertising for spirits, or taxation;
- changes in the cost of raw materials and labour costs;
- renewal of distribution rights and contracts on favourable terms when they expire;
- technological developments that may affect the distribution of products;
- changes in financial and equity markets, including significant interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations, which may affect the Company’s access to or increase the cost of financing or which may affect the Company’s financial results;
- changes in accounting standards, policies or practices;
- availability of qualified personnel, including accounting personnel and ability to identify other risks relating to the Company’s business and manage the risks associated with the aforementioned factors.
This list of important factors is not exhaustive. Readers should carefully consider such factors and other uncertainties and events, especially in light of the political, economic, social and legal environment in which the Company operates. Such forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made, and the Company does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any of them.
Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Company does not make any representation, warranty or prediction that the results anticipated by such forward-looking statements will be achieved, and such forward-looking statements represent, in each case, only one of many possible scenarios and should not be viewed as the most likely or standard scenario.